Monday, September 10, 2007

Well, Zach made it safely to TX on Saturday and spent some time with our Grampa Reed before heading to the ALERT campus this morning. We are so excited for him, and yet missing him already. On our way to church yesterday I told mom that I missed hearing the familiar "Bethany, is my hair sticking up in the back?" and the "thump, thump" of the handle on his trumpet case as we drive! He is such a special part of the family and sometimes separation like this awakens us to the amazing blessing that we have in each of our family members.

Some of you are aware that Leigha has been praying about going back to Asia this winter. She has made the decision to go back and is especially looking forward to showing me all of the sights and scaring me as we dodge traffic in the busy streets! Yes, I too have been lead of the Lord to commit to this next trip and I am really looking forward to experiencing it with my sister. I must admit that she makes me a little nervous when she gets that mischievous look in her eye and tells me that she has sooo0 many things to tell me now that I have decided to go! I know that it will be a challenging time because we will both be stretched, but also a wonderful opportunity to serve and to better know the depth of God's grace as we look to Him for our strength. We will be leaving around the 12th of January and returning somewhere around May 5th. Please pray for the Lord's wisdom and provision as we prepare for this new adventure.

I hope that you all have a wonderful week. May the Lord bless you richly!

"Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, unto Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Isn't God good! Sounds like Caleb will be the big person around the house come winter time!!

Kaye McDaniel said...

Wow!! I didn't know your brother was coming to Alert this year! If you come down for the graduation let me know so I can see you..Love you girl